Saturday, August 28, 2010

Limbo

So the psych eval is done.  And I could tell she (the therapist) was ready to be shed of me too-after putting me in a holding pattern all summer long.  Sheesh! So now I'm waiting on the results which I'm sure will be fine.  I mean really-some of those questions were a little ridiculous.  You'd have to be stupid-or crazy-to fail that thing.  All 370 not so very subtle questions, btw.  So getting the freakin' eval done meant that FINALLY  I could call the surgeon and set up an appt.  So hubby makes the call for me, and the office lady sweetly tells him that it will be several months before I can even get in to see the doc-which is a problem because I'm shooting for surgery the 1st week of Oct-which is my break from school.  And I do NOT want to do this over Christmas break.  So hubby begs and pleads for an earlier appt-which she finally squeezes us in, but assures us getting the surgery scheduled quickly may be a problem...  So who knows at this point???  I have patiently been biding my time for 6 months, jumping every hoop as I come to it.  It hasn't been easy dangling on the end of strangers' ropes.  So yes, I'm a control freak who hates waiting on other people's time tables.  But dammit...  October or bust!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your appointment, hope that you get the date you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, just be sure to squeak very loudly!

    ReplyDelete