Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 6 Post-op

I'm playing hookie from school and taking off the next 3 days.  I guess I could've gone back to work but I really wanted to be completely rested before going back to hanging with 145 teengers-which is not a sit-in-your-chair kinda job that you need to be hung over or hunched over while performing.  Gotta be on your toes and ready to crack the whip with this wiley group...  So I'm in my bathrobe today watching tivo's, surfing the net, and having some peace and quiet.  Might go to the library and lunch later with hubby...

Here are a few milestones so far:

bandages are off and my skin looks pretty good...
the gas pains are subsiding...
I am gently getting used to eating "real" foods again...slow and steady...
I am losing weight....
My bloated belly is starting to deflate...

And I am sooooo glad that I have made this decision.  I feel like just maybe I might have a handle on this thing...

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing great! I can't believe you already get to start eating "real" food. I am on an all pureed diet for 2 weeks and then "soft" food for 2 weeks post-surgery before I can start trying "real" food.

    I'm glad you have the chance to take a few more days off. I think you'll feel much better when you get back instead of trying to push it.

    Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great and it sounds like you are right on track!

    ReplyDelete