Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Renewal

My third fill is this Thursday, and I am soooo glad to be getting it!  I really have been dragging my feet about making this decision due to some "head issues" (ie: fear of not being able to eat what/when/howmuch I want to), but it's time to rein in the emotional over eating.  My "willpower" is just not enough.  Can I get an "Amen!" from the bandsters in the front pew???  Even though my weight loss has been like watching a tortoise crawl a marathon, I keep reminding myself to value my band's ability to maintain weight loss.  Currently I have lost 37ish lbs and have been able to hold the line for 7 months... an unheard of accomplishment in my 20 years of trying to lose weight which was a brutal cycle of losing a little to later gain it back plus some with a vengeance.  So even though I am not a bandster who is blowing off rapid lbs-I am bandster who is holding the line and slowwwwwwly crawling my way to success.

To help get me ready for the next fill, hubby and I are on a 5 day low carb diet which should help me rev my weight loss engines and get me in the frame of mind for minding the rules with this next fill.  At the end of the day I have to remember the band is not a magic wand-but a simple tool-that has rules.  And I have to play by those rules to get results.  There really are not shortcuts.  Sigh...!

NSV:  As hubby watched me pull on my swimsuit, he said, "You look so much better this summer than last!"  And he's right...  I HAVE come a long way, baby! 

More to report on Thursday...

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I also was and am a slow loser, but like doing it that way better for several reasons...but mostly because nobody seems to suspect that I had WLS. The time will pass and you will get there!

    ReplyDelete